- Holder of a Bachelors of Shari’ah from Al Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud Islamic University (1992), and currently preparing for a Masters in Comparative Jurisprudence at the Faculty of Shari’ah and Islamic Studies, University of Kuwait.
- Held the position of Reporter of Al-Fatwa and Shari’ah Control Body in Kuwait Finance House, 1993-1999 and the Shari’ah Observer of the Banking Sector in Kuwait Finance House (1995-1999).
- Currently holding the position of Executive Director of Shari’ah Control and Legal Affairs in A’ayan Leasing & Investment Co. in Kuwait (1999 up till now) and the General Manager of Shura Shari’ah Consultancy Co. in Kuwait.
- A member of the Shari’ah Standards Committee, affiliated with the Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic financial institutions. (AAOIFI) in Bahrain, and an Arbitrator at the International Islamic Center for Reconciliation and Commercial Arbitration in Dubai.
- An Expert in the International Islamic Fiqh Academy, which is affiliated with the Organization of The Islamic Conference in Jeddah, and a Consultative (Advisory) Expert in the General Council of Banks and Islamic Financial Institutions in Bahrain.
- A member of Al-Fatwa and Shari’ah Supervisory Board in several Islamic financial institutions:
(Kuwait: Rasameel Structured Finance Company, Anan Real Estate Finance, Ritaj Investment Company, Sorooh Investment Company, Abyaar Real Estate Development Company, Ain Takaful Insurance, Takaful insurance unit in Kuwait Insurance Company.
Abu Dhabi: Islamic Finance House Company, Reem Finance Company.
Dubai: Islamic Unit – National Bank of Umm Al Qaiwain (NBQ).
Saudi Arabia: Sidra Capital Company, A’ayan Leasing and Investment Company, Jinan Real Estate Development Company.
Iraq: Dijlah & Furat Islamic Bank).